Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Pokemon

4 hours ago, SpazticChicken said:

Vicky park for this is decent. Lures everywhere, even up to 4am. A few Evvies by the War Memorial and down the road at Nelson Mandela Park its a Ponyta paradise

Good to know Braggy is well stocked, probs go up there on Sunday.

If you go braggy Park avoid the main bit. I couldn't get any Internet until I got next to the ruins. 

Went for a run in Countesthorpe tonight and as Iv ran out of balls for a change thought I would re-stock... 3 Poke stops in the whole village??? No wonder the youths are tea bagging granny's etc.

Sort it out or I'm joining them.

@Fingers you might be able to help - near work yesterday I found my first Squirtle, broke out the ball and ran away. Found another this morning on my dog walk and used a Great Ball - it batted away my first 3, then when I finally got it it broke out and escaped

I'm not throwing on orange or red, and making sure the capture ring is really small when I throw - why can't I catch one? Both of these were only 60 - 80CP

I've not had any luck with Razz Berries either

14 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

@Fingers you might be able to help - near work yesterday I found my first Squirtle, broke out the ball and ran away. Found another this morning on my dog walk and used a Great Ball - it batted away my first 3, then when I finally got it it broke out and escaped

I'm not throwing on orange or red, and making sure the capture ring is really small when I throw - why can't I catch one? Both of these were only 60 - 80CP

I've not had any luck with Razz Berries either

I had the same problem with a Squirtle but managed to finally catch one by throwing shit loads of Razz Berries at it. 

Had a bit of weird one. I'm level 13 so all the pidgeys, weedles etc are usually about 170 cp now. I went in sainsburys and within 5 minutes there was a wild pidgeot and golbat, which I caught first time for both of them. But both of them were exactly 78 cp which is utter turd.

So figured out if you are doing the lucky egg, evolution of pidgys, weedles, catapies i have figured out you need the following candies to do it in 1 hit. These are combined scores but if you save all of them up and do one mass lucky egg evolve spree it should pop you up. You will of course get xp for visiting stops/hatching eggs/captures so it is crude maths but if you use it as a basic go to you should at least ping to the next level, should hopefully make the next one easy too.
20-21: 416 (50 evolutions needed)
21-22: 626 (75 evolutions needed)
22-23: 834 (100 evolutions needed)
23-24: 1042 (125 evolutions needed)
24-25: 1250 (150 evolutions needed)
25-26: 1583 (190 evolutions needed)
26-27: unknown XP
27-28: unknown XP
28-29: unknown XP
29-30: 2916 (350 evolutions needed)
30-31: 4166 (500 evolutions needed)

Like i said this is basic crude amounts you would need in total to evolve many pidgys/weedles/catapies to their first evolution and transfer them at the 2nd stage. This does not include any xp for egg hatching, catching, new discoveries, throw type, gym battle or anything else.

I have just hit 20 so i am going to use this as a guide to what i need and then just activate lucky egg and blitz it all the way up in one hit.

Hope it helps some others too

1 hour ago, glenny_fox said:

Had a bit of weird one. I'm level 13 so all the pidgeys, weedles etc are usually about 170 cp now. I went in sainsburys and within 5 minutes there was a wild pidgeot and golbat, which I caught first time for both of them. But both of them were exactly 78 cp which is utter turd.

higher level evolutions in the wild always have lower CPs. 

21 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Just caught a Poliwag. What a great day 

Got one of them with an Omanyte in Town Hall Square.

Apparently there's a trick you can do in Python and Google maps that allows you to see all spawned Pokemon in any location.

I'm still only level 11. How many Pidgeys and candies do I need before I pop a lucky egg and level up like mad?

5 minutes ago, SpazticChicken said:

Got one of them with an Omanyte in Town Hall Square.

Apparently there's a trick you can do in Python and Google maps that allows you to see all spawned Pokemon in any location.

I'm still only level 11. How many Pidgeys and candies do I need before I pop a lucky egg and level up like mad?

Went I went on a mass-evolve rampage last night I probably did nearly 20 Pidgeys/Rattatas/Weedles. Was well worth it, went up from level 9 to level 12 in 30 minutes. 

I got another free Lucky Egg and at the moment have 10 various Pokemon ready to evolve. Going to wait until I've got another 2 days worth of Pidgeys for a bit more

A little tip - I used an Incense at the same time I used the Lucky Egg and captured another few Pokemon in that half hour. Probably another 500 or so XP I wouldn't have got otherwise

21 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Went I went on a mass-evolve rampage last night I probably did nearly 20 Pidgeys/Rattatas/Weedles. Was well worth it, went up from level 9 to level 12 in 30 minutes. 

I got another free Lucky Egg and at the moment have 10 various Pokemon ready to evolve. Going to wait until I've got another 2 days worth of Pidgeys for a bit more

A little tip - I used an Incense at the same time I used the Lucky Egg and captured another few Pokemon in that half hour. Probably another 500 or so XP I wouldn't have got otherwise

Noice, I'll save up for abit then cause I only have 11 Pidgeys and 226 candies.

If you're still using your RN3, how it doing with this? Mine is lasting all day but the phone is producing a serious amount of heat and only on Go!

23 minutes ago, SpazticChicken said:

Noice, I'll save up for abit then cause I only have 11 Pidgeys and 226 candies.

If you're still using your RN3, how it doing with this? Mine is lasting all day but the phone is producing a serious amount of heat and only on Go!

Yeah get a few more Pidgeys first, they're common as muck. Trouble is at level 12+ they're usually nearly 200CP and much harder to catch!

The phone is ok thanks, I've had the heat warning twice but it's been so hot I don't think it's a problem. Just turn it off for 10 minutes let it cool down. Still not a fan of MIUI - was it easy to load Cyanogen on it?

23 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Yeah get a few more Pidgeys first, they're common as muck. Trouble is at level 12+ they're usually nearly 200CP and much harder to catch!

The phone is ok thanks, I've had the heat warning twice but it's been so hot I don't think it's a problem. Just turn it off for 10 minutes let it cool down. Still not a fan of MIUI - was it easy to load Cyanogen on it?

Fairly, I haven't done anything like that since I had the 1st gen iPhone. Took an evening on the computer whilst watching that RootJunkie YouTube Chanel. Only problem I had was getting off the vendor ROM and when I did somehow had a Chinese dev ROM of Miui8, from there it was unlocked so fastbooted and stuck TWRP on and installed CyanogenMod.

Its uncomplicated now haha