Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Pokemon

2 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

Android users, your battery will thank me for this.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pokenotify.pokenotifyapp

IOS...i will get you one shortly. 

If that works and I finally get that fvcking Squirtle I'm buying you a pint

Anyone managed to keep hold of a gym for any length of time? Seems way to easy to clear a gym, I only have 3 pokemon of 1000 CP, Hypno, Starmie, Electrabuzz and the other 3 are around 600 I can clear out most gyms easily using a few revives and potions.

Do you think it should be harder to clear a gym?

Edited by Captain...

I've had a Vaporeon at a gym in Newtown Linford for about 10 days now. God knows how as it's only about 800 cp.

If they want to game to be long lasting they do need to overhaul the whole 'battle' system. Surely they can implement some kind of league system.

1 hour ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

If that works and I finally get that fvcking Squirtle I'm buying you a pint

i just got the app, and no word of a lie, the first one it found me was a squirtle!

I need it to help me expand my Psyduck army too

1 hour ago, ramboacdc said:

Android users, your battery will thank me for this.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pokenotify.pokenotifyapp

IOS...i will get you one shortly. 

Hot shit it really does work, and the fact it links you to Google Maps and tells you exactly when they vanish is brilliant

Just wish you could adjust the distance. Got excited when a Squirtle came up - 900 metres away and vanishing in 2 minutes haha no chance

2 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Thanks to you my notifications are going mental lol

1 minute ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

...Did you also select EVERYTHING except Pidgey, Rattata and Zubat? I did and my phone almost exploded!

im yet to have mine go off! god darn ashby!

6 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

So doe's this actually work then? 

Yep. I tested it earlier, Staryu 200m up the road, soon as I got near it it popped up and I caught it. Same thing a few minutes later with a Horsea - definitely works

I noticed a couple of notifications only gave me about 4 minutes notice before the Pokemon were due to disappear and they were 700-900 metres away

1 hour ago, glenny_fox said:

I've had a Vaporeon at a gym in Newtown Linford for about 10 days now. God knows how as it's only about 800 cp.

If they want to game to be long lasting they do need to overhaul the whole 'battle' system. Surely they can implement some kind of league system.

Do you get anything for having your pokemon there? Is it just XP? How much do you get?

13 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Yep. I tested it earlier, Staryu 200m up the road, soon as I got near it it popped up and I caught it. Same thing a few minutes later with a Horsea - definitely works

I noticed a couple of notifications only gave me about 4 minutes notice before the Pokemon were due to disappear and they were 700-900 metres away

Right then. Off to get some Pokemon. 

12 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Do you get anything for having your pokemon there? Is it just XP? How much do you get?

Not sure about xp but you can collect Pokecoins while your Pokemon is in the gym, think it's 10 per day for each one?

3 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

Well that's the game ruined then...

I wouldn't say that. You still have to walk around, it's no different apart from you don't need the app open all the time.

All this wouldn't really be happening if they actually fixed the tracker that's been broken for like 2 weeks.

48 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Ahh so it does work. Picked up a Voltorb on the way home from work. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Gotta be honest.

Bored of this already.

yeah the excitement is dying off day by day, drowzee by drowzee. 

i get that it's kinda cool that you have to go out and about to "try and find" stuff and you have to hop from gym to gym to battle but let's be honest, we all play games because we're bored at home or to play with your mates. can't really do that here. i'm at home now, have been since about 2. everyone else who lives here is working til about now so could've played 3 fun hours of pokemon but there's nothing to do on it bar catch like 3 zubats in 3 hours.