Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Pokemon

Wife found out about PokéVision which shows exactly the same stuff as that app mentioned on this page.

Found nothing too interesting today apart from my first Pinsir and my second Bulbusaur. The wife however has caught four Eevees a few Scythers today and hatched her second 10km egg which produced a bloody Lapras!...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, shen said:

Wife found out about PokéVision which shows exactly the same stuff as that app mentioned on this page.

Found nothing too interesting today apart from my first Pinsir and my second Bulbusaur. The wife however has caught four Eevees a few Scythers today and hatched her second 10km egg which produced a bloody Lapras!...

She's just been out hunting for another 40 mins and caught a Magmar, Omastar, Dugtrio, Bulbusaur, Marawak, Pikachu, Kaputo, Dratini and Tangela... She has to be one of the most fortunate around!

When do I stop hoarding my best 1st evolution Pokemon and evolve them?

I have no need for urgency as I'm still not fussed about gyms I just want the best 'mons possible and dont wanna waste my candies if another bester one comes along. At the moment I currently have -

Bulbasaur 597

Charmander 502

Squirtle 516

Pikachu 469

Nidoran(m) 463

Nidoran(f) 483

Clefairy 627

Vulpix 448

Oddish 625

Psyduck 623

Mankey 496

Growlith 758

Machop 590

Bellsprout 628

Ponyta 850

Slowpoke 644

Seel 589

Grimer 701

Exeggcute 640

Dratini 598

Theyre all sat there occasionally getting bettered

1 hour ago, SpazticChicken said:

When do I stop hoarding my best 1st evolution Pokemon and evolve them?

I have no need for urgency as I'm still not fussed about gyms I just want the best 'mons possible and dont wanna waste my candies if another bester one comes along. At the moment I currently have -

Bulbasaur 597

Charmander 502

Squirtle 516

Pikachu 469

Nidoran(m) 463

Nidoran(f) 483

Clefairy 627

Vulpix 448

Oddish 625

Psyduck 623

Mankey 496

Growlith 758

Machop 590

Bellsprout 628

Ponyta 850

Slowpoke 644

Seel 589

Grimer 701

Exeggcute 640

Dratini 598

Theyre all sat there occasionally getting bettered

I'm not that fussed about gyms yet and haven't been powering up mine yet either - I'm going to wait till I get to the point where levelling up becomes a monthly thing rather than daily (currently level 21, should hit level 22 tomorrow)

Have been levelling up at least once a day, yesterday I hit 21 (25,000XP required), but level 22 requires 75,000 - probably won't manage that till tomorrow at the earliest. Then it starts getting silly:

lvl 23: 100,000xp

lvl 24: 125,000xp

lvl 25: 150,000xp

lvl 26: 190,000xp...

...lvl 31: 500,000xp...

...lvl 34: 1,000,000xp...

...level 40: 5,000,000xp and if you get there you'll have amassed 20,000,000xp total

In just shy of 2 weeks I've managed 300,000XP total. Should be at level 25 in another 2 weeks and that's probably about when I'd start powering up my strongest Pokemon

With unfound Pokemon becoming fewer, and low level Pidgeys/Rattatas etc becoming rarer it actually gets harder to gain more points from collecting + evolving. Doesn't help that instead of 4 or 5 Pokeballs from each Pokestop I usually get 1 ball, 1 revive, 1 potion. Bah.

Level 21 is where the game just becomes a chore. Fast getting bored of this. Nearly everything is breaking out of Pokeballs now, coupled with the Razz Berry / curveball glitch, getting fewer Pokeballs at stops and basically never getting free incubators/lures/incense again - I reckon another week and that'll be me done.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Level 21 is where the game just becomes a chore. Fast getting bored of this. Nearly everything is breaking out of Pokeballs now, coupled with the Razz Berry / curveball glitch, getting fewer Pokeballs at stops and basically never getting free incubators/lures/incense again - I reckon another week and that'll be me done.

There isn't enough stuff in the game to keep people hooked. Once you get to a certain level you've caught most pokemon (barring the rares) and catching crap like pidgeys and zubats just becomes a massive chore.

1 hour ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Exactly how I'm feeling 

58 minutes ago, AndWhat? said:

Exactly how I'm feeling 

1 hour ago, glenny_fox said:

There isn't enough stuff in the game to keep people hooked. Once you get to a certain level you've caught most pokemon (barring the rares) and catching crap like pidgeys and zubats just becomes a massive chore.

Seems like a lot of people are finding it boring at this stage, the devs will surely cotton on. There's no incentive to spend money either as it takes too much to level up now, the lures rarely turn up anything new, incense only finds what you could find yourself. Even the eggs are shit, so often it's Weedles and Eevees so I'm not paying for incubators. I'd be happy to pay for something that let me progress and actually increase chances of coming across ones that I need but at the moment I'm probably averaging one new find a day (if I'm lucky) and one new one through evolving every three days

I quite enjoyed the endless Pidgeys but now even they're usually too high CP to catch easily, or (as happened twice in the last 30 minutes) they were about 60CP and still broke out and vanished after a good through.

Think I'll still play it but just look to look for either ones I don't have, or ones that I need for candies to evolve. Already been avoiding Spearows and Zubats, just not worth the hassle

57 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

I have days of getting very bored of the game and then others I'll see something like a Pikachu silhouette nearby and all hell breaks loose in my brain.

Anything nearby I need I'll still go for and I'm still checking how far I'm walking with eggs but that's about it earlier

Went for a 45 minute walk with dog just now, passed up a dozen Rattatas, Zubats and Spearows. Just completely blanked them like, wasn't even short on pokeballs

3 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Anything nearby I need I'll still go for and I'm still checking how far I'm walking with eggs but that's about it earlier

Went for a 45 minute walk with dog just now, passed up a dozen Rattatas, Zubats and Spearows. Just completely blanked them like, wasn't even short on pokeballs

Ruthless.