Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Pokemon

48 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

I'm stuck on exactly the same spot mate. Starmie is killing me with the Water Pulse lol

In fairness I've not bothered to go and see Bill yet. I think raising the Pikachu and Charmeleon further will see me become good enough to pass it. Mad how strong it is though.

Can you re-match gym leaders on this?

58 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

In fairness I've not bothered to go and see Bill yet. I think raising the Pikachu and Charmeleon further will see me become good enough to pass it. Mad how strong it is though.

Can you re-match gym leaders on this?

Once you beat them I don't think you can. 

It is enjoyable and you can edit the speed too so you don't have to piss around for too long doing the stuff you can't really be that arsed with (see walking through a Zubat filled cave). There's just something about playing it on the GBA though and I don't know what it is.

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

It is enjoyable and you can edit the speed too so you don't have to piss around for too long doing the stuff you can't really be that arsed with (see walking through a Zubat filled cave). There's just something about playing it on the GBA though and I don't know what it is.

Changing the speed makes a huge difference. I always play it on double speed lol. 

Against Starmie Thunder wave is your friend. Also use the manual save function as you go move by move. Just keep reloading until Starmie gets paralysed and you will win easy. (Kind of defeats the enjoyment of the game tho)

Also to quote where to get there hacks from. I got a bunch off 2shared.  

Love playing zelda aswel on my iPhone.

50 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Changing the speed makes a huge difference. I always play it on double speed lol. 

Against Starmie Thunder wave is your friend. Also use the manual save function as you go move by move. Just keep reloading until Starmie gets paralysed and you will win easy. (Kind of defeats the enjoyment of the game tho)

Also to quote where to get there hacks from. I got a bunch off 2shared.  

Love playing zelda aswel on my iPhone.

No chance will I save before a gym leader. Nullifies any of the challenge IMO. Legendaries on the other hand....

I beat her anyway. Charmeleon learning Smokescreen was the difference. I actually caught a Bellsprout before that knew sleep powder (and MIGHT not get slaughtered by Water Pulse) but it proved useless in that battle. Smokescreen made the difference, Starmie does still know Swift, irritatingly, but it's not as powerful. Badge number two bagged. Don't know if to bother raising Bellsprout, never really bothered with it.

10 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

No chance will I save before a gym leader. Nullifies any of the challenge IMO. Legendaries on the other hand....

I beat her anyway. Charmeleon learning Smokescreen was the difference. I actually caught a Bellsprout before that knew sleep powder (and MIGHT not get slaughtered by Water Pulse) but it proved useless in that battle. Smokescreen made the difference, Starmie does still know Swift, irritatingly, but it's not as powerful. Badge number two bagged. Don't know if to bother raising Bellsprout, never really bothered with it.

Which game is this?

Just now, Samilktray said:

I know they were the remakes of red and blue as such but do they only have the 1st gen Pokemon on?

If I remember rightly (and its a good decade since I played that game) you can actually catch gen 2 pokemon once you've beaten the elite four.

It's got gen 1, 2 and 3 on there. It's got a pretty wide range of them available as well if I remember rightly. It's got this set of islands at the end and there are loads of rare ones on there.

I'm pretty sure after you beat the Elite Four (it might be after you've seen every gen 1 Pokemon actually) you get a 2nd gen starter as well.

Edited by Dan LCFC

On 8/3/2016 at 10:06, Samilktray said:

Think I'm gonna have to get a 3DS and play through the XY game, looks decent and there's the new game out later this year. Pokemon Go is great and I'll be playing it for a long time yet, but I agree about not being as good as the proper Nintendo games. 

X/Y are great, so many different pokemon on it. Like 450 to choose from in the game i think, would recommend tbh

4 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Is there still a way of getting a GBA emulator on Iphone without Jailbreaking? 

Yes if you download off build.io

it does cost £6 for the year but you may find a way to get it for free. I'm not sure if u can. I just downloaded it and it works fine. £6 well spent