Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Pokemon

9 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

A lot of rumours that Gen 2 won't be around until next summer. This game will be well too boring by then.

They'll have to add something soon surely. I don't think trading and local battles will cut it for most people, I'm just not finding anything new and I've still got 60 odd to find!

4 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

They'll have to add something soon surely. I don't think trading and local battles will cut it for most people, I'm just not finding anything new and I've still got 60 odd to find!

I'm over the 100 mark now but its becoming stupidly hard to catch what i need, or catch as many of what I need to evolve them. 

Ran round the reservoir this morning before work.

There are so many people walking round with their phones (suited and booted at 6.30am) using this game as a cover for their 'extra curricular activities' - its brilliant! Now they don't even have to lie about their whereabouts they say, "Err yes love, I was down the reservoir in the bushes looking for a fairy."

Apologies for the use of the word 'fairy' it just seemed appropriate in the fantasy link and worked with the link....

53 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Any idea how the trading will work, surely that will ruin the game?

Will local battles give you XP? If so then people will just grind their way to level up, I've already seen people sitting outside gyms with 2 phones just claiming it off themselves constantly for the XP.

I think the battle mechanics are crap, any improvement on that would be welcome, either make it turn based or have an icon for the special attack, triggering it on the touch screen is sporadic and just leaves you vulnerable, dodging rarely works. You should also be able to check the attacks/stats of the pokemon in the gym and not just see combat power.

They should also add a time delay on reviving knocked out pokemon, otherwise you can just grind down a gym by reviving the same 6 pokemon.

Finally they should allow you discard eggs getting stuck with all 2km eggs is annoying, it would be good to see different types of eggs too, so fire eggs, water eggs etc you can at least increase your chances of getting something you need.

2 hours ago, Captain... said:

Any idea how the trading will work, surely that will ruin the game?

Will local battles give you XP? If so then people will just grind their way to level up, I've already seen people sitting outside gyms with 2 phones just claiming it off themselves constantly for the XP.

I think the battle mechanics are crap, any improvement on that would be welcome, either make it turn based or have an icon for the special attack, triggering it on the touch screen is sporadic and just leaves you vulnerable, dodging rarely works. You should also be able to check the attacks/stats of the pokemon in the gym and not just see combat power.

They should also add a time delay on reviving knocked out pokemon, otherwise you can just grind down a gym by reviving the same 6 pokemon.

Finally they should allow you discard eggs getting stuck with all 2km eggs is annoying, it would be good to see different types of eggs too, so fire eggs, water eggs etc you can at least increase your chances of getting something you need.

No idea how(/if) trading will work, I heard it was going to be introduced at a later date (along with local battles) but don't know if it's true. It definitely needs something though

I like your idea about different types of eggs, even a premium item or a ridiculous 50km egg but you are guaranteed to get either a really rare Pokemon or any one which you don't already have. I prefer the 2km eggs over the 5km eggs as you can hatch them quickly, and they both seem to only offer absolute shit that you stumble across on any given walk. I always seem to be stuck with 9 5km eggs!

1 minute ago, Ross-Kemp said:

Hatched a Machop today, then half hour later caught Machoke.

Then caught a Mankey.

3 new Pokemon in the space of an hour, loving life

Were you the fella in the suit this morning down the resevoir?

24 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

PS; hatched my first egg ( I didn't know about eggs ) a Pikachu! A 2km. That's how they get ya!

I'm well into level 24 and still not got that bastard!

52 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Where abouts? I'm after a Machoke and Mankey.

Mankey used to spawn near King Lear's lake, Watermead all the bloody time. No sign of him recently. Never seen a Machoke, only ever seen one Machop

Anyone else getting an usually high rate of Sandshrews from 5km eggs? Just hatched my fourth in a week or two, already have Sandslash so I'm pretty pissed off about this.

4 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I'm well into level 24 and still not got that bastard!

Mankey used to spawn near King Lear's lake, Watermead all the bloody time. No sign of him recently. Never seen a Machoke, only ever seen one Machop

Anyone else getting an usually high rate of Sandshrews from 5km eggs? Just hatched my fourth in a week or two, already have Sandslash so I'm pretty pissed off about this.

A bit (a lot) off topic but I can't remember where you posted about it before, how's it going with your Xiaomi? I was looking into getting some kind of Redmi 3 but i'm not sure if I can be bothered with the hassle.

34 minutes ago, potter3 said:

A bit (a lot) off topic but I can't remember where you posted about it before, how's it going with your Xiaomi? I was looking into getting some kind of Redmi 3 but i'm not sure if I can be bothered with the hassle.

The phone specs are great, well fast and a good display with excellent brightness range. Battery is 4000mah (or thereabouts) so you usually get a full day between charges even with 2-3 hours of Pokemon hunting. Battery charges pretty quickly too

I'm still not a fan of MIUI, and I get a lot of notifications in Chinese. The keyboard occasionally reverts back to Chinese when you're typing and it's got a really intrusive download system that prompts you to use their "superfast" (spy) servers every time you download anything, which is pretty annoying. I don't regret the purchase, but I'd be hesitant to recommend it to anyone that likes stock Android or wants to tinker and has never done any rooting or modding before as it's a lot trickier to tamper with than other phones I've had before. Having said that I've not had any technical problems at all so far, besides TuneIn radio crashing a couple of times and attempting to get me to redownload it using some shitty Chinese app store rather than Google Play, which was odd but fixed with a cache wipe.

Had a THL T200 before (lasted about 18 months, was the best phone I ever had before it died), a Jiayu S3 (good enough but screen broke in my pocket after a year and I didn't even knock it against anything) and an Elephone, can't remember what model (screen stopped responding after a few months, pretty useless).

I'd probably recommend doing a bit of research as there are plenty of Chinese phones with great specs available for under £200. This phone doesn't really do anything that my old THL couldn't do but that was much easier to customise and was delivered in complete stock English Android. If you're on a budget the Vodafone Smart Ultra 7 might be worth a look - not quite as good specs but dirt cheap and good enough for most stuff.

13 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

The phone specs are great, well fast and a good display with excellent brightness range. Battery is 4000mah (or thereabouts) so you usually get a full day between charges even with 2-3 hours of Pokemon hunting. Battery charges pretty quickly too

I'm still not a fan of MIUI, and I get a lot of notifications in Chinese. The keyboard occasionally reverts back to Chinese when you're typing and it's got a really intrusive download system that prompts you to use their "superfast" (spy) servers every time you download anything, which is pretty annoying. I don't regret the purchase, but I'd be hesitant to recommend it to anyone that likes stock Android or wants to tinker and has never done any rooting or modding before as it's a lot trickier to tamper with than other phones I've had before. Having said that I've not had any technical problems at all so far, besides TuneIn radio crashing a couple of times and attempting to get me to redownload it using some shitty Chinese app store rather than Google Play, which was odd but fixed with a cache wipe.

Had a THL T200 before (lasted about 18 months, was the best phone I ever had before it died), a Jiayu S3 (good enough but screen broke in my pocket after a year and I didn't even knock it against anything) and an Elephone, can't remember what model (screen stopped responding after a few months, pretty useless).

I'd probably recommend doing a bit of research as there are plenty of Chinese phones with great specs available for under £200. This phone doesn't really do anything that my old THL couldn't do but that was much easier to customise and was delivered in complete stock English Android. If you're on a budget the Vodafone Smart Ultra 7 might be worth a look - not quite as good specs but dirt cheap and good enough for most stuff.

Yeah I had a look at the Ultra 7 but it's fairly large compared to what I have currently (Z1 Compact), was hoping for something similarly sized but it's difficult to find anything decent. The Redmi 3 seems the best compromise, not too much bigger, 4100 mAh battery, better specs than the Z1C and available for ~£100 or so. I've had a look at guides for flashing a new rom and unlocking the bootloader, should be reasonably straightforward.

Edited by potter3

I've had a Redmi Note 3 for a month or so now, flashed CyanogenMod onto it within the first day. Only problem came when I found the seller had put their own custom ROM which made it harder to revert to the Developer ROM that needs to be used to Unlock and Root.

Look into it first before you get it, run it through your head a few times and get Miui off there. A guy called RootJunkie on YouTube does some videos going through the process step by step.

In Pokemon Go news botters and spoofers are getting permabanned now, so be carefull out there Team Rocket :whistle:

On 15/08/2016 at 12:03, General Smuts said:

Finally got my hands on my first 10km egg - 2 minutes after catching my second Porygon. Half way through hatching it. 

If this is not a new addition to the Pokedex i will be distraught. So get set for an Eevee hatching.

It was a bloody Eevee. Evolved into a lovely Flareon though.

Masses of people getting banned now, thankfully mainly the ones that where using bots to play the game for them and gain them incredible levels and Pokemon for no effort at all. Some were even making dozens accounts and selling them.

Cant see how anyone has legit got to lvl35 and upwards. There's one around New Walk that seems to have two accounts both above 35 and theyre dominating gyms. Seen no-one else in Leicester like it.

1 hour ago, SpazticChicken said:

Masses of people getting banned now, thankfully mainly the ones that where using bots to play the game for them and gain them incredible levels and Pokemon for no effort at all. Some were even making dozens accounts and selling them.

Cant see how anyone has legit got to lvl35 and upwards. There's one around New Walk that seems to have two accounts both above 35 and theyre dominating gyms. Seen no-one else in Leicester like it.

If you have 2 accounts you can just level up sitting outside gyms conquering it off yourself, hard work and a bit of a ball ache, but you can conquer the gym put weak pokemon in, then conquer it back with your other account. Not sure how the XP levels work with gym conquering.

If you are lucky and have a gym or spawning site next to your house/flat you can grind through the levels, but I'm glad to see botters and spoofers getting banned, there are always some people out there that ruin it for everyone.