Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MrSpaM

Bloodborne

Anybody else looking at getting this in a couple of weeks? Could possibly be the first great PS4 exclusive. Being developed by From Software, famous for their demons / dark souls game, and continues in the same vein, with a more action orientated combat system that encourages attack rather than defence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodborne

Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G203e1HhixY

Gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvi51MDOZTQ

(edit sorry, youtube links not embedding properly)

Like the look of it but i find i dont have much time to play on PS4 and this looks like a game where you need to sit and play for hours on end rather than a quick half hour here and there. Will wait and see what reviews are like before i commit. Stil playing Far Cry 4 atm so quite happy to stick with that and wait to see if this looks good.

You can pre-order this for £41.85 from simply games.  I can't find a cheaper price.

Due to lack of game time though I'm not pre-ordering.  Cancelled the DS2 pre-order as well with Amazon.  I have no time for 2-3 hour gaming sessions.

The early preview from Edge magazine looks promising.  They're normally quite harsh.  I will get it eventually.  :thumbup:

Mortal Kombat X though is a different kettle of fish - I can pick this up for 30 minutes here or there and you can get it for £36.85 from simply games.   ;)  

• 2 weeks later...

What I think has happened is the market has shown us games that are going to be capable in the middle to end of these consoles reigns with WatchDogs, Dying Light, Ass Creed ect. coming out under much fanfare but ultimately flattering to deceive, many released as unfinished wrecks that are nothing like the original, well advertised picture. The image we were sold back then will be the games of 2018-2020, much like the 360 and PS3 didnt reach potential until (for example) Gears 1 came out, and the way Fifa 06 is nothing like Fifa 13. This is a massive business and I think all of this mess is now planned to milk as much money as possible, if they really wanted to break the mould and unleash something that would really impress in terms of graphics, design, physics and storytelling they would and could tomorrow.

As for the main thing that you lot are talking about and I've deviated from, this game looks alot like Dark Souls. Really not my type of thing but I respect its fanbase and idea of it I could just never be arsed to go through it. Hopefully it adds something new for people and pushes this whole thing forward. I'm still pinning hopes on No Mans Sky

I refuse to believe developers make bad games on purpose. With Assassins Creed and games of that nature, the development time given to the developers is so short that to do anything innovative is basically impossible. But everyone knows that yearly released games are nearly all absolute crap, so if you buy one hoping to be wowed with diverse new ways to game, it's your own fault imo.

I refuse to believe developers make bad games on purpose. With Assassins Creed and games of that nature, the development time given to the developers is so short that to do anything innovative is basically impossible. But everyone knows that yearly released games are nearly all absolute crap, so if you buy one hoping to be wowed with diverse new ways to game, it's your own fault imo.

No I'm with you, I don't think it's done on purpose. It is alot harder to create a great game than SC is suggesting. This looks like an increadible amount of effort has gone into it's creation.

Ass Creed though, I can't say I agree, Ubisoft are frustratingingly inconsistant. Since they moved to a yearly cycle they've released Black Flag and Brotherhood which were both top games. Revelations is just a bit average and III is a pile of shit. Rogue is a decent effort for last gen game but I can't but help think if they'd of just concentrated all their resources on Unity (the only one I am yet to play) the base game would be better and it wouldn't have been released in a unplayable state, a shame because the actual game is suppose to be quite good so I hear.

Anyway on subject I'll be picking the game up tonight. Was gonna focus on platinuming Diablo III before I got anythin else but given the reception this has got and that Dark Souls for me was one of the best last gen releases once I finally got the motivation to give it a proper go, it's a must buy.

You're absolutely right that developers don't make bad games on purpose but publishers certainly don't care if it's shite as long as it's released and makes money.

You're absolutely right that developers don't make bad games on purpose but publishers certainly don't care if it's shite as long as it's released and makes money.

Absolutely no disputing that, it's a trend in the gaming industry that's becoming endemic, but how much are the consumers to blame? They don't make money if we don't buy the game.

No I'm with you, I don't think it's done on purpose. It is alot harder to create a great game than SC is suggesting. This looks like an increadible amount of effort has gone into it's creation.

Ass Creed though, I can't say I agree, Ubisoft are frustratingingly inconsistant. Since they moved to a yearly cycle they've released Black Flag and Brotherhood which were both top games. Revelations is just a bit average and III is a pile of shit. Rogue is a decent effort for last gen game but I can't but help think if they'd of just concentrated all their resources on Unity (the only one I am yet to play) the base game would be better and it wouldn't have been released in a unplayable state, a shame because the actual game is suppose to be quite good so I hear.

Anyway on subject I'll be picking the game up tonight. Was gonna focus on platinuming Diablo III before I got anythin else but given the reception this has got and that Dark Souls for me was one of the best last gen releases once I finally got the motivation to give it a proper go, it's a must buy.

I've just never got on with Ass Creed. Watch Dogs and Far Cry are basically the same games, I've played Far Cry 3 and 4, and the formula of climb this to open up that to collect this, I found, by the end of getting towards my plat on Far Cry 4, to be incredibly tedious, I just couldn't imagine enjoying Ass Creed or Watch Dogs given from the little I have played it is basically an identical formula which requires the minimum of skill. I just don't see how Ubisoft get away with it, If Far Cry 5 is basically Far Cry 3.6 I won't be going anywhere near it, let alone any of the other games which use this tired formula.

As for Bloodborne, friend brought his copy round, looks beautiful, don't think I'd get along with it though, I've never really played action RPG's like this, let alone ones so difficult, if he'll lend me it when he's through with it I'll give it a blast. I'm sure once I got in to it and found a rhythm I'd enjoy it, but it's just about having the determination and motivation to get to a point where I enjoy it.

As for Bloodborne, friend brought his copy round, looks beautiful, don't think I'd get along with it though, I've never really played action RPG's like this, let alone ones so difficult, if he'll lend me it when he's through with it I'll give it a blast. I'm sure once I got in to it and found a rhythm I'd enjoy it, but it's just about having the determination and motivation to get to a point where I enjoy it.

It can't be more punishing than Alien Isolation surely?

Never played the past DS's games before so this is my first.... it's a hard game but I haven't been frustrated yet. Just up to the first boss bit but have died loads getting there.... one problem ive came across is framerate drops a bit now and again.

Ok.

This new game doesn't appear to give you any time to think carefully about your next move. Dark Souls gave you some time and the shield came in handy.

This game rewards risks from what I've seen of it.

I want it but I'm not paying £45 for it. Where's the cheapest price?

New games are £40 - £45 ( i personally can't see the point in getting really pissy over a fiver) live with it or don't buy it lol. This will hold it's value for awhile I'd imagine games that average over 90 on metacritic normally do. it is still hard to get Diablo iii cheap.

I must say I'm thoroughly enjoying this game, level 60, killed abo ut 6 bosses and a couple of chalice dungeons.

I watched a couple of streams on this the other day. Although it looks decent the game would inevitably beat me because I don't have the time to plough hours and hours into it.

I'm now finishing off Watchdogs having put around 25 hours into completing Alien since the end of last October!

Archived