Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

Slightly off topic but just watched the Netflix untold series on the 06-09 Florida Gators - Swamp Kings (Tim Tebow and all that)

I find the whole College football scene slightly unhinging. The pressure that 19 year old kids are under to play in front of 100,000 people is just mad.

4 hours ago, Izzy said:

I find the whole College football scene slightly unhinging. The pressure that 19 year old kids are under to play in front of 100,000 people is just mad.

FOOTBALL THE WAY IT'S MEANT TO BE

GoHogs.JPG.1b0bb8bc78480b6fbe239acc7de6e869.JPG

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Izzy said:

Slightly off topic but just watched the Netflix untold series on the 06-09 Florida Gators - Swamp Kings (Tim Tebow and all that)

I've always felt the same about high-school games drawing like 50k fans in Texas. 

Its definately the main reason that participation has dropped and increased in other sports like soccer, how many parents would want their children to play it?  If current trends continue, then soccer participation will be higher than baseball, basketball and american football pretty soon.

I think targeting the head or the knees, whether either blocking or tackling, needs to be outlawed from the game. Players doing it need to be heavily fined and given multiple game suspensions. The 'tackle' where a defender holds onto a runner and drops his full body weight onto the back of the runner's legs/ankle - like we saw with Saquon last week and with Tony Pollard in the playoffs last season - also needs to be outlawed. Over the last couple of decades there's been a noticeable decline in the art and technique of tackling in the NFL and something needs to be done to help correct it.

• Like 1

On 18/09/2023 at 19:10, Maybes said:

I’ve got two tickets going spare for the Jags Falcons game at Wembley on Sunday 1st October. Half way line (seat numbers 4 and 5). DM me if you are interested. Face value.

Still available should anyone be interested.