Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

40 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

So on with the season - and he may be in a different uniform, but hope the Niners smash the Packers' Aaron Rodgers on Monday night! 

If memory serves, Rodgers has a terrible recent record against the Niners

49 minutes ago, CheeseHead said:

If memory serves, Rodgers has a terrible recent record against the Niners

Terrible record, full stop.

He's a local Northern California boy, and the Niners had the first overall pick in 2005, so it was a great story for them to pick him. Except they decided to pick Alex Smith instead. :facepalm:

Rodgers has never forgiven them, and always seems to try too hard against the Niners and has never managed to pay them back personally (although there is no doubting about the career he has had, and he is ahead 1 Superbowl to 0 in that period, but that hasn't quite satiated Rodgers' ego).

Adds a bit of extra spice to Monday night, which means I can enjoy today's games completely unattached!

52 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

Terrible record, full stop.

He's a local Northern California boy, and the Niners had the first overall pick in 2005, so it was a great story for them to pick him. Except they decided to pick Alex Smith instead.

I remember it well. They had a camera shot on Rodgers as pick after pick went by without Rodgers being selected. It was fully expected that the 49ers would take him. Funnily enough as a Packers fan I wasn't overly excited when we got him, but I will be forever grateful for 2010.

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

This sport is bonkers. 

Tyreek Hill arrested on the way to the ground 

Was cooperating with no issues and they hit him. Another in a long line of terrible PR disasters for the US Police. 

Four officers and one black man prone on the floor. I can only imagine they felt in fear of their lives..... :angry:

Zack de la Rocha was and continues to be correct. 

12 hours ago, The Bear said:

Was cooperating with no issues and they hit him. Another in a long line of terrible PR disasters for the US Police. 

Four officers and one black man prone on the floor. I can only imagine they felt in fear of their lives..... :angry:

I'll wait to see the bodycam on just how much he was "cooperating." 

I mean, yeah! US police don't have a great track record but Tyreek Hill has pretty much proven at every turn that he is utter trash as a human being so let's wait to see what really happened. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Every year I try with the NFL and struggle but watched a bit of the red zone last night and it definitely made it more interesting as its jumps from action to action and misses out the boring bits. 

Love the Redzone. 

Makes it a lot more interesting. 

The only (minor) downside is you don't get much analysis on plays or replays because they jump from game to game. But you do get more in the 9pm/9.25pm games obviously as there's only 3 or 4 on at a time later in the evening. 

The commentator/presenter helps make it what it is. How he manages to flick between games and straight into it all is brilliant. 

• Like 1

On 28/08/2024 at 23:19, lildave3 said:

Chargers have completely gutted their offence (including my all time favourite player) and it looks like the game plan is to run, run, run and throw in a few runs. Excited for the coaching to be better, and the year can’t go as badly as last year hopefully. But ultimately when your hopes are pinned on a rookie called Ladd McConkey to be the new Keenan, it’s hard to be too optimistic! 

Ugly as hell, but a win is a win and Ladd got a TD so all is good!

18 hours ago, The Bear said:

I doubt De la Rocha would be the first in line to defend a known domestic abuser who has a history of strangling his partners and breaking his toddler's limbs tbf. 

Not to minimise the very genuine issue of American police brutality (and racism), but a lot of people would take the opportunity to stick one on Hill. 

Edited by Finnegan

24 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I doubt De la Rocha would be the first in line to defend a known domestic abuser who has a history of strangling his partners and breaking his toddler's limbs tbf. 

Not to minimise the very genuine issue of American police brutality (and racism), but a lot of people would take the opportunity to stick one on Hill. 

Agreed. I was trying not to touch on his personal crimes. Fully deserves to get his just rewards, just not in that situation. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Bear said:

Agreed. I was trying not to touch on his personal crimes. Fully deserves to get his just rewards, just not in that situation. 

Yeah and to be clear, I don't actually care how big a ***** you are, nobody deserves to the victim of institutional racism or police brutality. 

But holy shit what a scumbag Tyreek Hill is. 

The NFL harbours more of them than maybe any other sport. 

• Like 1