Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

1 hour ago, Fox in the North said:

So far I think last weekend was more entertaining with closer games. Jaguars Chiefs could have been an incredible finish if Agnew hadn’t lost the ball at the end.

Agree, or if they recovered the onside kick.

• Like 1

Four consecutive Superbowl losses in the 90s must have really hurt! Kind of reminded me of LCFC and our 4 FA Cup final losses which hung over us for so long. The Bills are at least contending these days, so there is some hope

39 minutes ago, CheeseHead said:

Four consecutive Superbowl losses in the 90s must have really hurt! Kind of reminded me of LCFC and our 4 FA Cup final losses which hung over us for so long. The Bills are at least contending these days, so there is some hope

It did hurt and yes contending is great after being shite for awhile.  We need to turn contending into winnong though or the ship will sail and back to rebuilding.

Sigh.

All the best to the bengals though as i don't care for KC.

At least we have won the fa cup and EPL since those days!

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

Dak is always crap. He's simply not good enough, not consistently anyway. 

It’s all relative, he’s still better than the majority of other quarterbacks. Like I’d take him in a heartbeat over Zach Wilson.

Also Pollard getting injured really hurt the Cowboys game so allowed the 49ers D to put real focused pressure on Prescott.

Edited by Fox in the North

3 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

It’s all relative, he’s still better than the majority of other quarterbacks. Like I’d take him in a heartbeat over Zach Wilson.

I agree with that to a degree when you look at how under appreciated the likes of Romo was in Dallas but 15 interceptions to 23 thrown TD's isn't  great. He just can't be relied on and for me, that's what you need in a QB most. 

Dak is on the Kirk Cousins level. Could maybe do it with a great defense but probably too good to just be a game manager so always a risk.

The Bills just need to sort out their run game next year. Been very patchy all season and Allen means they get away with it but they need to be able to run it better when they have that kind of home field in January.

Think Bengals will beat KC, I don't see Mahomes being in great shape next weekend. Eagles v Bengals SB.

18 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Could and probably should have won that, but Dak was crap.

Agree that Dak was the difference - on the graphic mid-way through the 4th Qtr, there was only 1 yard in it: other than a good drive for a TD each, it was field goals all the way & Dak gifted the Niners 2 of them. 

• Like 1