Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

3 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Still kinda pissed about the team I follow being knocked out in such a way especially with debatable referring decisions all going against us.

Hope the eagles thrash em.

I really believe in the sport Gods. Bengals angered them with their ridiculous build up.  

7 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Former Leicester Panther Sean Payton hired by the Broncos to be their new Head Coach.

The Saints still owned Payton's rights so the Broncos had to trade their 2023 1st round pick along with their 2024 2nd and 3rd round picks to acquire him.

He's good. But I'm not sure he's that good.

He has been one of the best coaches in the league for a long time. After three first time head coaches the Broncos wanted an experienced coach and someone on the offensive side. There wasn't really a lot that fit the bill but Payton does. Plus it gives the new owners the big statement they wanted. I imagine the team will be very active in free agency, not sure if that is a good thing though.

16 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Former Leicester Panther Sean Payton hired by the Broncos to be their new Head Coach.

The Saints still owned Payton's rights so the Broncos had to trade their 2023 1st round pick along with their 2024 2nd and 3rd round picks to acquire him.

When you've sucked as long as we have you'll do anything for a decent coach. Maybe we'll break even next season. 

19 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Think he’s easily worth that…however, it’s such a tough division and with a QB that has been trash now for 2 and a bit years, that’s the biggest issue. 

As a Chargers fan, I’m not thrilled by the news and I would imagine Broncos fans would rather have Payton than whoever they got with their picks. 

15 hours ago, lildave3 said:

Think he’s easily worth that…however, it’s such a tough division and with a QB that has been trash now for 2 and a bit years, that’s the biggest issue. 

As a Chargers fan, I’m not thrilled by the news and I would imagine Broncos fans would rather have Payton than whoever they got with their picks. 

It makes very little sense why Payton isn't the Chargers HC for 23/24, surely he would have taken that job over any of the options on the table

Not sure if the division is that tough either - all three teams are snookered a bit while Mahomes and Kelce are in it and the Chargers, Raiders and Broncos last year all had poor head coaching situations last year even though there is talent on the rosters. I think this is a good as it gets for us, no way they were going for a fourth consecutive first time HC after the way the last three panned out and should be a step up on what the other two have.

27 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

It makes very little sense why Payton isn't the Chargers HC for 23/24, surely he would have taken that job over any of the options on the table

Not sure if the division is that tough either - all three teams are snookered a bit while Mahomes and Kelce are in it and the Chargers, Raiders and Broncos last year all had poor head coaching situations last year even though there is talent on the rosters. I think this is a good as it gets for us, no way they were going for a fourth consecutive first time HC after the way the last three panned out and should be a step up on what the other two have.

I’d have taken him for sure! But I don’t think Staley is toooooo bad…I am hoping with Moore now as the new OC the play calling will improve. 

2 hours ago, lildave3 said:

I’d have taken him for sure! But I don’t think Staley is toooooo bad…I am hoping with Moore now as the new OC the play calling will improve. 

As a Cowboys fan I can tell you that there was many an occasion when Moore's play calling annoyed me. Too many WR screens, ineffective and unimaginative runs on 1st down, empty backfield sets on 2nd/3rd and short. I think he was slightly hamstrung by Dak and a broken down Zeke though. Herbert and Ekeler are an instant upgrade. He should do well for you.

6 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

As a Cowboys fan I can tell you that there was many an occasion when Moore's play calling annoyed me. Too many WR screens, ineffective and unimaginative runs on 1st down, empty backfield sets on 2nd/3rd and short. I think he was slightly hamstrung by Dak and a broken down Zeke though. Herbert and Ekeler are an instant upgrade. He should do well for you.

Hopefully!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a Superbowl party tomorrow night.

The Mrs is on annual leave for a week and the kids are on half term, so nobody needs to get up on Monday and I thought, why not?

I've invited the Mrs and all the kids.

Nobody has RSVP'd yet, but at least I've invited them.

That way, nobody can get mad at me for cooking chicken wings at 1am and drinking loads of beer.

Don't tell them, but it prefer it if they didn't attend :ph34r:

Go Eagles! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

The Mrs is on annual leave for a week and the kids are on half term, so nobody needs to get up on Monday and I thought, why not?

That way, nobody can get mad at me for cooking chicken wings at 1am and drinking loads of beer.

Go Eagles! 

Off out into Leeds city centre for it; can’t bloody wait.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Go Eagles! 

Thos post was great right up until the final two words!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Go Eagles! 

So where's the invite??? 😂

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Go Eagles! 

Sounds like my invite got lost in the post. No worries! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, KFS said:

What are the main story lines tonight? Hosting a party and not interested in these 

Two brothers playing in opposing teams for the first time ever.

The first time that the 2 starting QB's are black.

Both teams won the most games in their respective divisions, so it's a fairly rare occasion that the 'best' two teams face each other.

• Like 1