Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Anyone trying to get tickets for London games?

I want to try and see my Ravens again. Up to 153k in the queue after starting at 264k at noon lol

Same I'm in the queue, still says over an hour wait! Not holding out much hope in getting any 

6 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Anyone trying to get tickets for London games?

I want to try and see my Ravens again. Up to 153k in the queue after starting at 264k at noon lol

I didn't set a reminder and logged on at 12.50, near 400K in front of me and an hour wait. I dropped out.

28 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Same I'm in the queue, still says over an hour wait! Not holding out much hope in getting any 

27 minutes ago, Livid said:

I didn't set a reminder and logged on at 12.50, near 400K in front of me and an hour wait. I dropped out.

I've just left mine on while I'm working.

Up to 65k left, 20 minute wait. Number dropping very quickly now. I assume it would say if it's sold out, but I imagine if any are left it will probably be corporate stuff/stupid expensive.

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, sharpylcfc said:

Who's looking forward to the new season?

As a Raiders fan, I haven’t looked forward to a new season since about 1985

Saying that, watching the Quarterback series on Netflix has definitely whetted my appetite. It’s absolutely brilliant.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Izzy said:

As a Raiders fan, I haven’t looked forward to a new season since about 1985

Saying that, watching the Quarterback series on Netflix has definitely whetted my appetite. It’s absolutely brilliant.

I'm a Steelers fan so hoping we have a good season. Nice one about the quarterback series mate I was gonna ask for recommendations in the Netflix thread after I finished outer banks but I know what I'm watching now so thank you! Have you ever been to a game at Wembley? I want to one day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sharpylcfc said:

I'm a Steelers fan so hoping we have a good season. Nice one about the quarterback series mate I was gonna ask for recommendations in the Netflix thread after I finished outer banks but I know what I'm watching now so thank you! Have you ever been to a game at Wembley? I want to one day.

No never been to a game at Wembley but would love to. My lad is 14 next week and getting into NFL so would be nice to take him but tickets seem like rocking horse shit to get hold of.

You’ll love Quarterback, it’s a fascinating insight into the job they do. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Izzy said:

No never been to a game at Wembley but would love to. My lad is 14 next week and getting into NFL so would be nice to take him but tickets seem like rocking horse shit to get hold of.

You should be able to get tickets pretty easily on resale sites for reasonable prices. I've been around 6/7 times and usually you can buy them the day before. 

• Like 1

Tickets is usually a good place to check for face value tickets. 

Wembley is a great experience for NFL. I had a season ticket for a few years. Being able to take your beers to your seats is the best thing 😄

Spurs is decent too, just a bit more awkward to get to compared to Wembley. 

51 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Tickets are definitely hard or near on impossible to get hold of. Think they should rotate the teams that come and play over here though, cause at present it would be easier to watch the steelers at Wembley. Though hope to go to the States and watch them one day. I get why the Jaguars are always playing over here with the Khans owning them who owns Fulham. Though that's why I think teams should rotate so every team gets the experience of Wembley and the fans.

I'm really looking forward to watching Quarterback. Thank you so much for the recommendation Izzy I appreciate it.

• Like 1

On 29/07/2023 at 22:37, sharpylcfc said:

Who's looking forward to the new season?

Definitely - with the format of the NFL being so few games and on a Sunday night, it seems to make it more intense every year. A bit of Red Zone as the warm up in the early window before the 49ers in the late window & after 2 years in a row getting to the NFC Championship game, they seem even stronger this year & anything other than a Superbowl appearance will be a disappointment!

On 30/07/2023 at 00:31, Lako42 said:

As a 49ers fan who now needs to find a new team because of Leeds.... No

It pisses me of a bit, but the Leeds thing is purely business. Frankly, I follow the teams themselves, not an ownership group: I first saw the 49ers in 1992, so I'm not going to chuck that away just because of who else they own. Not interested at all in how the King Power Polo team are doing this season...

Just now, Golden Fox said:

It pisses me of a bit, but the Leeds thing is purely business. Frankly, I follow the teams themselves, not an ownership group: I first saw the 49ers in 1992, so I'm not going to chuck that away just because of who else they own. Not interested at all in how the King Power Polo team are doing this season...

It was tongue in cheek to be fair. ****ing hate Leeds though 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Golden Fox said:

Definitely - with the format of the NFL being so few games and on a Sunday night, it seems to make it more intense every year. A bit of Red Zone as the warm up in the early window before the 49ers in the late window & after 2 years in a row getting to the NFC Championship game, they seem even stronger this year & anything other than a Superbowl appearance will be a disappointment!

It has been a tough one to deal with - but, same here, niners fan since the mid 80s (and yes I got to see Montana v Marino at wembley) - so i just look the other way.

Super excited for this season, especially after the cruel way it ended last year.

• Like 1

I've bought a couple of Vikings jerseys from DH Gate, obviously a lot cheaper than the NFL Europe shop or JD Sports but you will wait a good few weeks for delivery.

Quality has always been good, I size down though as they come up big, but I think that's always the case with NFL jerseys in general. The names/numbers are stitched on like they are in the U.S. rather than the plastic iron-on transfer type you get here which I think is better.