Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

Replica NFL jerseys ain’t cheap are they!?

Could only really find JJB in the UK that sell them online and price is £90-120!

Wait until near the end of the regular season they usually have some good offers on NFL Europe. 

I got mine for around 60 quid last year. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just realised that TNT aren’t covering the NCAA this year. Streaming on the Peacock App which is showing as unavailable on my Firestick.

A shame as I actually preferred watching college football to the NFL. 

4 hours ago, Livid said:

Just realised that TNT aren’t covering the NCAA this year. Streaming on the Peacock App which is showing as unavailable on my Firestick.

College football is in a mess right now, the Pac-12 is pretty much gone and they've sold out to the TV companies. It's a joke tbh

On 26/08/2023 at 08:59, Livid said:

well that is a shame

On 26/08/2023 at 08:59, Livid said:

Genuinely I've been gutted by this. I have very much gone NCAA > NFL over the last two years and build my weekends around college football. I only listen to college football podcasts rather then the NFL, for example.

Last couple of years have been perfect with BT Sport having Gameday/main games, and ESPN Player as a great way of getting other intriguing matches not on BT, as well as sourcing the Fox games that really mattered.

The whole point of BT/TNT was the convenience to record games and watch them back at more hospitable times, couple this with ESPN Player and it was a great setup. Now the whole centre point of my Sept-Dec weekends have been carved out hollow. I have IPTV but I won't be able to record the same.

It's genuinely been quite devastating and won't really hit home until this Friday when I'd have watched Utah-Florida. :(  Just hope someone steps in. I'd even take Disney putting ESPN Player-type content on Disney+.

46 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Genuinely I've been gutted by this. I have very much gone NCAA > NFL over the last two years and build my weekends around college football. I only listen to college football podcasts rather then the NFL, for example.

Last couple of years have been perfect with BT Sport having Gameday/main games, and ESPN Player as a great way of getting other intriguing matches not on BT, as well as sourcing the Fox games that really mattered.

The whole point of BT/TNT was the convenience to record games and watch them back at more hospitable times, couple this with ESPN Player and it was a great setup. Now the whole centre point of my Sept-Dec weekends have been carved out hollow. I have IPTV but I won't be able to record the same.

It's genuinely been quite devastating and won't really hit home until this Friday when I'd have watched Utah-Florida. :(  Just hope someone steps in. I'd even take Disney putting ESPN Player-type content on Disney+.

This is the Nfl thread, get your own college thread. 

Unbelievable some people 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I probably would have if I'd known Kelce was out injured - to go along with Chris Jones' continuing holdout that's 2 of the best players in the NFL at their respective positions missing for the Chiefs.

That is what I thought

19 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

20-0 so far... Stuffing them for losses, scoring on every possession. It more like playing Madden!

Is that Purdy at QB? What happened to Garropalo and the other star QB they had who was injured the whole of last season?

1 minute ago, CheeseHead said:

Is that Purdy at QB? What happened to Garropalo and the other star QB they had who was injured the whole of last season?

Jimmy G went to Vegas, and Trey Lance (3rd overall pick) was just traded to Dallas. Lance was going to be third string.

2 minutes ago, NJFox said:

Jimmy G went to Vegas, and Trey Lance (3rd overall pick) was just traded to Dallas. Lance was going to be third string.

Ahh ok. Will Lance start at Dallas? Prescott still there? I see Mayfield is with the Bucs, seems like alot of musical chairs has happened in the off season with QBs

3 minutes ago, CheeseHead said:

Ahh ok. Will Lance start at Dallas? Prescott still there? I see Mayfield is with the Bucs, seems like alot of musical chairs has happened in the off season with QBs

Doubtful…Lance also 3rd string in Dallas for now. Dak’s contract up is after next season. Dallas should be good this year, but if not, Lance may have an opportunity if a new staff comes in down the road. But then again, with Jerry Jones at the helm, anything can happen.

17 minutes ago, NJFox said:

Doubtful…Lance also 3rd string in Dallas for now. Dak’s contract up is after next season. Dallas should be good this year, but if not, Lance may have an opportunity if a new staff comes in down the road. But then again, with Jerry Jones at the helm, anything can happen.

Its gonna be fascinating to see how the Jets do with Rodgers at the helm

Every year I give the Giants a go as my ‘local team’. In their first possession of the season, they just fumbled the ball to settle for a FG attempt; intercepted for a cowboys touchdown. Absolutely laughable lol I’m going bed