Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

4 hours ago, lildave3 said:

Sometimes, I’d rather just be a fan of dogshit than be a fan of the Chargers, who are dogshit but enjoy getting your hopes up every week/year. 

Great game though. 

Try being a Cowboys fan... they let you down on a schedule. You know it's coming every playoff...

8 hours ago, skolfoxes said:

Or the Vikings, stuck in the middle each year! Never good enough to seriously challenge for a Superbowl, or bad enough to hit rock bottom and get a top-pick QB.

Don't get me wrong, last year was exciting, but we were never a 13-win team in reality.

Be interesting to see how much you guys ending up paying JJ after his rookie deal, he’s unreal.

1 hour ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Is there any NFL games on anything other than Sky this season?

Not got Sky Sports anymore and was going to get Game Pass but it’s over £150 now it’s on DAZN.

Obviously will still watch Red Zone, but for the first time since I got rid of Sky I’m actually missing it. 

Best option for me is sky on nowtv at about £20 a week. 

Some good NFL games plus redzone and our Championship games. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Best option for me is sky on nowtv at about £20 a week. 

Some good NFL games plus redzone and our Championship games. 

Thanks. Might look at that. Went down pub tonight though so will see how much it’s needed. Redzone is almost always free though but still like watching the odd game in full.

Edited by when_you're_smiling

12 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Thanks. Might look at that. Went down pub tonight though so will see how much it’s needed. Redzone is almost always free though but still like watching the odd game in full.

My post should have said £20 a month not week 

On 13/09/2023 at 23:41, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Be interesting to see how much you guys ending up paying JJ after his rookie deal, he’s unreal.

As much as he wants! A bit disappointed not to get it done before the start of the season as it’s only going to get more expensive, especially with the contract Nick Bosa got.

This is the last year of Cousins deal and I think we’re setting up  to go for a rookie QB which will create the cap room to pay Jefferson.

21 minutes ago, skolfoxes said:

As much as he wants! A bit disappointed not to get it done before the start of the season as it’s only going to get more expensive, especially with the contract Nick Bosa got.

This is the last year of Cousins deal and I think we’re setting up  to go for a rookie QB which will create the cap room to pay Jefferson.

Shadeur Sanders as your next QB maybe? I can see him going in the first, that’s if he declares obviously.

On 15/09/2023 at 11:12, when_you're_smiling said:

Is there any NFL games on anything other than Sky this season?

Not got Sky Sports anymore and was going to get Game Pass but it’s over £150 now it’s on DAZN.

Obviously will still watch Red Zone, but for the first time since I got rid of Sky I’m actually missing it. 

I stream all my games on NFLBite never have any issues and easy to find a steam.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Shadeur Sanders as your next QB maybe? I can see him going in the first, that’s if he declares obviously.

Yeah potentially, I don’t think we’ll be in the Caleb Williams or Drake Maye conversation unless we trade up aggressively to get the to the top of the draft.

General consensus seems to be that this will be a good QB draft so someone like Sanders in the low teens seems very possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Great comeback from them. 

Went to sleep just as it went to 28-28. Wanted to stay up but couldn't! 

Broncos bottled their lead too, think they were 21-3 up at one stage. 

Hoping for some good news about Saquon’s ankle today…probably not the wisest move to give him the ball when they were just looking to kill the clock and place the ball on Gano’s preferred hash mark.