Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

38 minutes ago, skolfoxes said:

On the Toney play. It's shame to see such an innovative, and exciting play called back, especially at a pivotal moment of the game. Mahomes is right, him being offside had absolutely no impact on the play, but he was so egregiously offside that they had to call it. 

The number of times it feels like Mahomes and the Chiefs are the beneficiaries of a borderline call, it's hard to feel a great deal of sympathy for them.

Yes, it's unfortunate for Mahomes that "interfering with play" isn't a factor in NFL like it is in "proper" football.  What a shame.  (Though it was a terrific play.  I could fully understand if he ranted like that at Toney for messing it up, but blaming the refs is not only futile, it's also unfair.)

He's probably still sore about last week at Packers, where in an apallingly-refereed last drive he got 3 egregiously wrong calls in his favour before an egregiously wrong call went against him,  He probably thought he should have got all four!

Edited by dsr-burnley

3 hours ago, FOXYTALK said:

WTF dolphins???? 

And I was thinking of having a Packers-Dolphins double! So hard to predict NFL games. I mean how do you pick the Patriots to beat the Steelers? Or the Packers over the Chiefs? I am sure there is money to be made by just continually backing against the favourite!

On 11/12/2023 at 13:20, CheeseHead said:

NFC with the Eagles, Cowboys and 49ers looks so strong compared to the AFC this year. 

Massively, be a big surprise if the winner doesn’t come from the NFC. 

55 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Good ****ing question

It's a question I can answer.

Basically it's all thanks to me (in desperation) bringing in the Chargers D to try and get me through to the playoffs in my Fantasy League. 

Naturally they scored 0 points after scoring 38 vs Raiders earlier this season lol 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Scorigami as well! Apparently the eighth of the season

Heard about that site for the first time earlier in the season https://nflscorigami.com/ . Its probably very sad that I can admit to happily spend ages trawling through it... (with https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=main open on another tab of course!)

To be fair, 49 points looks to be a bit of a cut-off and once you get past that, its open season - looks as though a team has only scored more than 62 points13 times in history (last night & the Dolphins 70-0 earlier in the year being the only 2 times since 1966) so it would have been more amazing to not get scorigami with that score last night!

• 2 weeks later...

Very excited by my Ravens this year. Big game against the dolphins tonight but I think we can do them.

I don't want to speak too soon but it feels like we may have overcome the early season issue of not closing. Heard a stat early on in the season that we've blown the most 2 score leads in 4th quarters in the last few seasons by far so it does still make me nervous.

Also, I don't think we want to face Flacco in the playoffs. January Joe is cool as ice.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ajthefox said:

Very excited by my Ravens this year. Big game against the dolphins tonight but I think we can do them.

I don't want to speak too soon but it feels like we may have overcome the early season issue of not closing. Heard a stat early on in the season that we've blown the most 2 score leads in 4th quarters in the last few seasons by far so it does still make me nervous.

Also, I don't think we want to face Flacco in the playoffs. January Joe is cool as ice.

Fellow Raven here. :thumbup:

Do the Dolphins, get 1st seed, incredible job already done.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ajthefox said:

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

Fellow Raven here. :thumbup:

Do the Dolphins, get 1st seed, incredible job already done.

HT. So far so good for the Ravens.

• Like 1

Great evening - watched the Niners into the 4th quarter seeing off Washington in relative comfort, then switched to Redzone for some great finishes. 

And the Cardinals dump the Eagles to hand the NFC 1 seed to the 49ers!!!

Time for a bit of R&R for a couple of weeks until a home Playoff game! 

(and given the great list of 49er QBs, pretty incredible to see Purdy breaking the franchise record of passing yards in the regular season!) 

• Like 1