Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

11 hours ago, bovril said:

Caleb Williams looks a bit gash so far

Agree, he had so much hype but he is too quick to go off script currently and doesn't look special so far. Bo Nix was really good today after struggling so far but still hasn't thrown a TD pass. Jayden Daniels looks like he is going to get injured in every game but is a good runner.

I suppose it comes down to it being really hard and very few players come in and light it up straight away. No point making decisions until at least one season

13 hours ago, Scotch said:

Wow! Dallas are fcuking dreadful! Can't stop the run. Can't finish drives. Brandon Aubrey will be one busy boy this year. 

10 hours ago, spacemunky said:

They made a game of it, but came up a bit short.

Lamar Jackson is 21-1 vs NFC teams.

Being a Ravens fan is bloody stressful.

I know that might sound silly to fans of a number of other clubs given the regular season success, but we have been the worst team at blowing 4th quarter leads since 2021 and last night we gave up 19 points in around 4 minutes of gameplay.

As soon as they got down towards the redzone for the first TD I was worried and rightfully so. My arse was well and truly clenched until that final 1st down killed it.

It just shows you though how much impact steadily moving the ball has on a D and the opposing O in terms of fatigue. When our D was only on the pitch for 3 - 6 plays and Henry was rolling, it made it so hard for the Dallas D because they couldn't get a break. One 3 and out for us and one prolonged drive for the Cowboys and all of a sudden the energy and the balance of fatigue swings so much.

It's a good job Lamb was cack last night, if he'd been on it we'd have lost and been in a real hole at 0-3.

Edited by ajthefox
Grammar.

56 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

I know that might sound silly to fans of a number of other clubs given the regular season success, but we have been the worst team at blowing 4th quarter leads since 2021 and last night we gave up 19 points in around 4 minutes of gameplay.

Why do you think this is? You are right that it has been going on for absolutely ages.

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

Being a Ravens fan is bloody stressful.

As soon as they got down towards the redzone for the first TD I was worried and rightfully so. My arse was well and truly clenched until that final 1st down killed it.

It just shows you though how much impact steadily moving the ball has on a D and the opposing O in terms of fatigue. When our D was only on the pitch for 3 - 6 plays and Henry was rolling, it made it so hard for the Dallas D because they couldn't get a break. One 3 and out for us and one prolonged drive for the Cowboys and all of a sudden the energy and the balance of fatigue swings so much.

It's a good job Lamb was cack last night, if he'd been on it we'd have lost and been in a real hole at 0-3.

It was Tucker missing that relatively easy FG to put you up by 4 scores/possessions that really seemed to unsettle you.

Bad loss for my Niners last night to fall to 1-2.

Were clearly the better team, but a fake punt, a missed field goal, a couple of dropped balls, a 50 yard completion on a "just launch it downfield" from the Rams, and a 48 yard pass interference on a "just launch it downfield" from the Rams and it shows the narrow margins in the game.

Being 2 games back in the division, that feeling of being favourites for the NFC is long gone.

So a welcome return to Levis on Sunday & have to take care of business against the Patriots...

1 hour ago, mancunianfox said:

Why do you think this is? You are right that it has been going on for absolutely ages.

I really don't know.

I can't help but think that there must be some collective psychological memory that plays a part and has seeped into the team because over those 3 years you have a big change in player personnel and both co-ordinators are different, DC has even changed twice.

At some point I think you have to look at the HC - it's clearly not a talent thing.

This team reminds me a little of the City team under Brendan. Fantastic and a joy to watch at their best, but it feels like there's this soft underbelly. Every now and then someone catches a glimpse of it and all of a sudden we go from looking like we're unstoppable to rolling around on the floor being tickled with another 4th quarter loss in the books. It's bizarre.

Edited by ajthefox
  • Like 1