Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

27 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

They actually take their name from their founder Paul Brown, rather than the colour brown. Isn't that right @KingsX?

Sshh.. don't let the truth get in the way of a good story... :shutup:

Although my favourite story about the Browns uniforms is that Paul Brown stole a load of them when he got sacked feom the Browns, so when he reappeared with the new Bengals down the road, they suspiciously had the same colours and the same "CB" initials. Not sure how much truth there is in that one though! 

• Like 1

Just now, Golden Fox said:

Sshh.. don't let the truth get in the way of a good story... :shutup:

Although my favourite story about the Browns uniforms is that Paul Brown stole a load of them when he got sacked feom the Browns, so when he reappeared with the new Bengals down the road, they suspiciously had the same colours and the same "CB" initials. Not sure how much truth there is in that one though! 

It is true that he chose the same colour scheme to spite the Browns. Don't know if he stole any kit though. Would be great if true.

32 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

One of the iconic moments of the Cincinnati/Cleveland rivalry. And Cleveland weren't even playing! God I miss the old school NFL.

lol  I was in the Dawg Pound at the majority of Browns home games of the '80s, and will go on record that I did not condone the frequent throwing of snowballs/beers/batteries.

... though the refs/opposing players/and especially Sam ****ing Wyche sometimes deserved it ...

I was too high up anyway.  You couldn't see the game from the lower rows.

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, FOXYTALK said:

So the big trades have now started ahead of Free Agency. As a Broncos fan getting Russell Wilson is a major coup. 

:cry:

Wagner and Wilson on the same day. 

jump-it.gif

Edited by Finnegan

13 hours ago, FOXYTALK said:

So the big trades have now started ahead of Free Agency. As a Broncos fan getting Russell Wilson is a major coup. 

Depends which Russ you get imo. I love the bloke but some of this play over the past 2 seasons has been pretty shoddy, made some very un-Russ like mistakes. 

He's been either really good or really shit with no inbetween, he'll frustrate the hell out of you with the sacks he takes but when he's on it he's fantastic.

He'll want an Aaron Rodgers level extension in the next season or so and no way was he getting that money out of the Seahawks, but interesting to see what you do when that time comes around.

Bobby being cut is very harsh, last year was his 1st down year but maybe a restructured contract would've been the way to go so he stays in the building.

Exciting times though, got massive cap space over the next 2 years and some decent picks, just hope PC & JS make good use of it!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Its fine, I’m not feeling any pain, I’d only feel pain if he went back to the pats as I’m a jets fan lol

Im all for him pushing as long as he can play now.

Frankly, I've had enough of him, but he grew up a Niners fan in the Bay Area & one of his ambitions was always to play for his home town team. Even when he retired a few weeks ago, there were rumours floating around that he could be engineering a way to get out of his Bucs contract so he could have one season in Red & Gold. When I saw the headline he was coming back, I was actually quite excited and suddenly Brady's biggest fan - for about 5 seconds until I clicked on the link & saw he was going back to the Bucs... But can't stand him again now & think he's even more of a **** for pulling this stunt. :mad:

Brady is a feckin knob end. Great player but ffs bro what is up with this stunt?

I hope you get nowhere next season. Imagine he comes back then does his knee or something in and is done for the season. Not that i wish injury on any player. It would a giant "well shoulda just walked away like i had planned" moment. 

He is going to win the superbowl isnt he?

Lol

Watson to the Browns, days after not enough evidence is found to indict him in the criminal cases against him. The good ol' NFL. Still a long way to go with the civil cases it sounds like.

From a selfish point of view I like this even less as a Ravens fan who now has to contend with our D playing him twice a year.

12 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Watson to the Browns, days after not enough evidence is found to indict him in the criminal cases against him. The good ol' NFL. Still a long way to go with the civil cases it sounds like.

From a selfish point of view I like this even less as a Ravens fan who now has to contend with our D playing him twice a year.

Could be worse you could be in the AFC West where apparently every star in the league is flocking to. 

• Like 1