Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Arians stepping down as coach of the Bucs and moving into the front office. His relationship with Brady had become quite frayed by all accounts so I guess something had to give.

AB return then? :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Sod that. Unless they trade up the Cowboys won't be picking until about 4am our time. Besides, I don't think it's a vintage draft class overall.

My problem with it is that I don't know any of these college players so it's not exciting. I don't know who we are getting and if they are any good. Probably will watch a bit for the occasion though. 

2 hours ago, Scotch said:

Atleast rhe cowboys have been consistent this off season. Consistently disappointing.

Done a bit of homework on this Smith kid and he's not the guy. The last thing we need is more penalties. 

Bit of coaching on his technique and he'll be good. He'll start immediately at left guard and then replace Tyron in a couple of years. He's an absolute unit, unlike Connor Williams, who was undersized and often overpowered (hence all the holding penalties).

9 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Bit of coaching on his technique and he'll be good. He'll start immediately at left guard and then replace Tyron in a couple of years. He's an absolute unit, unlike Connor Williams, who was undersized and often overpowered (hence all the holding penalties).

I thought at first we might have got him in the 2nd, but it seems the Titans were keen. 

I get excited by the draft and do pay quite a lot of attention to the whole thing but it's a bit strange really and so over done.

For all the talk, it's usually only a couple of players each year who actually have an immediate impact, and a lot of players, if they even become useful, take 2-3 years to do so.

It always makes me laugh that all the teams get graded on everything. The reality is that it's very hard to say how good a draft class is until year 3 or 4.

One thing I will say about the Ravens is that our history of not doing enough at WR seems set to continue after trading away Hollywood Brown. I hope we replace him with a free agent or trade for someone, otherwise I think we'll be struggling offensively again against the best Ds.

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

lol  It is essentially just three days of people reading out names written on a card. One of America's more harmless obsessions though.

One of my mates got tickets to the "inner circle" when they held it in Cleveland last year.  Couldn't understand why I didn't want to go with him lol

I watched a half hour on TV to see what I was missing and yep, I'd have been bored ****less even to be in the middle of it.

• Haha 1

On 01/05/2022 at 17:51, ajthefox said:

I get excited by the draft and do pay quite a lot of attention to the whole thing but it's a bit strange really and so over done.

For all the talk, it's usually only a couple of players each year who actually have an immediate impact, and a lot of players, if they even become useful, take 2-3 years to do so.

It always makes me laugh that all the teams get graded on everything. The reality is that it's very hard to say how good a draft class is until year 3 or 4.

One thing I will say about the Ravens is that our history of not doing enough at WR seems set to continue after trading away Hollywood Brown. I hope we replace him with a free agent or trade for someone, otherwise I think we'll be struggling offensively again against the best Ds.

I find it strange how so many people do these mock drafts😂 People get very offended if one of there favourites doesn’t go when they predicted them at but why sit there and watch all that film when you have nothing to do with the decisions! Always wrong aswell!

• 2 months later...
On 26/07/2022 at 13:31, Fox in the North said:

So did anyone manage to get tickets for the London games this year then? When I joined the queue there were 220,000 in front of me 

:nigel:

My mate has a season ticket from about 4 years ago so always gets priority. Not bothered about games at Spurs stadium any more as went there once for the first NFL and don't need to go again - plus the travel in/out is horrendous. 

Going to the Broncos vs Jags game at Wembley. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Getting excited for the new season now pre-season is almost over. Enjoying watching Hard Knocks with the Lions too.

Shame W*tson is only out for 11 games and is still pretending he's done nothing wrong.

Edited by ajthefox