Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

13 hours ago, Golden Fox said:

I thought the idea of Redzone was ridiculous when I first heard about it, but through Gamepass, I flicked on once out of curiosity during the early window and was addicted. It takes some editing to pull it off, but its brilliantly done and it builds to a crescendo particularly when they hit "The witching hour". 

It makes great Sunday viewing, watching the early window Redzone as a warmup with a nice sense of detachment and just as its wrapping up, the 49ers will be kicking off in the late window for the real event. 

It's the only sport it could really work with where you can predict when a team is likely to score so cut ro that game.

• Like 1

Watched Red Zone for the 1st time last night. Really enjoyed it. 

I imagine it was helped by some crazy games and come-backs in the early games (didn't watch the late games) 

Steelers game was crazy. 

Not a good start for the Niners and Lance, although the conditions there looked ridiculous. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

I imagine it was helped by some crazy games and come-backs in the early games (didn't watch the late games) 

Steelers game was crazy. 

Not a good start for the Niners and Lance, although the conditions there looked ridiculous. 

Red Zone is brilliant. Equivalent of Soccer Saturday (in its heyday!). 

It's good that it's matched with the live action/highlights. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Steelers game was crazy. 

Niners game was ridiculous: for most the game, it was a complete mismatch. Factoring in sacks, the Bears had a net 3 yards passing in the first half (& couldn't run it either), while the Niners were moving the ball. Towards the end of the 3rd period, they had build a 2 score lead and the Bears fans' were booing their offence's inability to move the ball.

But it all changed in 1 play when Fields escaped the pass rush & a blown coverage led to a 51 yard score. Then all the little things came back to haunt them: a fumble in field goal range, an overthrown pass which would have been a Kroft touchdown, a sack taking them out of field goal range, and a ridiculous amount of penalties - many of them extending Bears drives (some stupid, some bad calls), suddenly added up for a Bears lead & that's when the monsoon hit & it was suddenly unplayable.

But both the Rams & Cardinals lost (although against the cream of the AFC rather than the Bears), and its Seattle up next. We always lose to Seattle (but usually with Russell Wilson), so a good chance to take out a lot of frustration next Sunday and would end week 2 with at least a share of the top of the NFC West, so its not worth getting too carried away after 1 game...

1 hour ago, mancunianfox said:

Well nice to know Denver are ruining my day's as well as Leicester. What the hell was that at the end of last night's Bronco's/Seahawks game?!?!?!?

Made a right hash of it!! 

Enjoyed the game though, never boring with the Seahawks! Onto the Niners Sunday!

On 13/09/2022 at 09:05, mancunianfox said:

Well nice to know Denver are ruining my day's as well as Leicester. What the hell was that at the end of last night's Bronco's/Seahawks game?!?!?!?

Thought the reception Wilson got in Seattle was a bit harsh, considering he was there 10 years and won them a Superbowl!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CheeseHead said:

Thought the reception Wilson got in Seattle was a bit harsh, considering he was there 10 years and won them a Superbowl!

Hmmm I’m not so sure, him and his agent have been pretty vocal in the media about his desire to leave over the past couple of season. 

Russ also has a very similar personality to Brendan Rodgers, so people never really warmed to him.

1 hour ago, lildave3 said:

I hope we are all excited to see the Chiefs lost tonight 

I'd be very surprised if the Chiefs lost to an undermanned Chargers side.

14 hours ago, Simmo86 said:

Russ also has a very similar personality to Brendan Rodgers, so people never really warmed to him.

That is so spot on. He is so corny and I think he probably has a shelf life before it wears off. Still, glad to enjoy the first couple of years as at least we were able to move the ball for the first time in like five years even if they couldn't score.

1 hour ago, mancunianfox said:

I'd be very surprised if the Chiefs lost to an undermanned Chargers side.

That is so spot on. He is so corny and I think he probably has a shelf life before it wears off. Still, glad to enjoy the first couple of years as at least we were able to move the ball for the first time in like five years even if they couldn't score.

You'll be fine, apart from the brainfart at the end, Hackett schemed up some lovely stuff. Just in a pig of a division.