Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Hackett can draw up as many good plays as he likes, if his game management is going to be that poor it won't matter. He looked like a deer in the headlights towards the end of the game on Monday night.

Pretty sure he brought on Mel kuipers to help him. As a rookie head coach they must have some experience in those situations. 

Raiders fan

Sat in shock at how we have thrown away that game, 20-0 up at halftime and I skipped downstairs to make a coffee thinking "at least one of my sports teams will end the weekend on a high" 

Come 1.00am and I wanted to throw the remote through the TV 🤣 

As a spectacle and for the neutral it was fantastic, but I'm gutted 

15 hours ago, Lako42 said:

I watched the 49ers. 

**** me, the amount of adverts makes it a hard watch 

Watching NFL games is different than watching other sports like football that you're used to watching. I found it takes a bit of getting used to. 

I've found that it doesn't demand your undivided attention like a Football game would so you have to learn not to watch it that way if that makes sense? Like, watch it whilst doing something else so you can switch off at the breaks and ads. 

22 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Watching NFL games is different than watching other sports like football that you're used to watching. I found it takes a bit of getting used to. 

I've found that it doesn't demand your undivided attention like a Football game would so you have to learn not to watch it that way if that makes sense? Like, watch it whilst doing something else so you can switch off at the breaks and ads. 

I get ya. 

Bit hard at 11pm though 

• Like 1

On 19/09/2022 at 16:33, Lako42 said:

I watched the 49ers. 

**** me, the amount of adverts makes it a hard watch 

Being a Game Pass viewer, I'm "blacked-out" from the Sky games (can only watch 24 hours after they finish), so am now on a run of 3 games watching recorded after the game (Sunday night & Monday night games up next)... What you lose in watching it live, you gain in having all the adverts cut-out, so a 3 hour game becomes a 2 hour game which shows how much time is lost from adverts. I was thankful for it this weekend though, as that game was pretty much over by half time: the Seahawks didn't go away & the Niners played conservatively to just hold them at arms length, so it was just a painful 2nd half without anything really happening.

Brutal to lose Lance for the season after so much prep for this to be his year.

But he got injured last year in his first start while running the ball 16 times... last week he ran 13 time & the injury occurred on what was already his second designed run down the middle & I was shouting at the screen "why are you f**king running him down the middle this much... he's going to get injured" and he did.

However, I think it makes the Niners a better team *this year*. The Niners are a team built to compete, and its not a year to lose by breaking in a rookie QB. Its a year to have a steady hand in that position, so Jimmy G is a better fit, and I should be more hopeful of a real challenge this year now (and a big mental block lifted by beating the Seahawks) - but there is no way Jimmy is getting through the whole year healthy either, so it will make it a nervous watch every time he goes down now!

• Like 1

What's going on with that Chargers doctor and Brandon Staley? The doctor is still with the team despite an ongoing lawsuit from when he punctured Tyrod Taylor's lung and now playing Justin Herbert when he clearly didn't look right with his rib injury down 28 points in garbage time. Do they just hate their quarterbacks being healthy?

The Jaguars are looking like a promising team though. Based on the three games so far I think Lawrence can be given a free pass for last year. He looks like he is going to be as good as hoped for when he was drafted now he has someone coaching the team who knows what they are doing.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

How was Tua still allowed to play after Sunday's head injury? 

How he was knocked down last night and then he looked immediately after really didn't sit right with me. 

I love this sport but what happened last night makes me ashamed to enjoy it so much. I don't see how they don't come down on everyone involved, it is an absolute scandal he was allowed to take two massive head injuries within a week when anyone who has ever watched a contact sport it was pretty clear he shouldn't have continued to play after the one against Buffalo.

• Like 2