Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

Ravens just gave me a heart attack. So stressful to watch this team this year my word.

Good game that... That's what I love about Gamepass... you don't know which games will be going to the wire: stuff like a penalty knocking the Browns out of tying field goal range & you don't need to look around to find it. Ravens do seem to feature often... For better or worse. 

Watching Niners v Chiefs at the moment. Good start from the Niners (and MacCaffrey) but man, that Chiefs offense can move the ball. Great game to watch.

• Like 1

On 23/10/2022 at 22:20, Golden Fox said:

Good game that... That's what I love about Gamepass... you don't know which games will be going to the wire: stuff like a penalty knocking the Browns out of tying field goal range & you don't need to look around to find it. Ravens do seem to feature often... For better or worse. 

Watching Niners v Chiefs at the moment. Good start from the Niners (and MacCaffrey) but man, that Chiefs offense can move the ball. Great game to watch.

The redzone channel is great when your own game isn't on, although I find myself watching game highlights through the week and I prefer to try and avoid spoilers!

On 24/10/2022 at 00:01, Lako42 said:

49ers elite level defence being made to look very average here

Average is being kind: "Excluding their final possession of running out the clock, the Chiefs scored 44 points on nine drives, good for 4.9 points per drive, the highest mark for any team in a game this season."

A very chastening experience.

But they won't play Mahommes again in a hurry and are still only 1 game back from the NFC West lead - and the Seahawks are far from an elite team... Massive game coming up at the Rams who are also struggling and always seem to give the Niners an extra spring in their step! Its certainly not dull this year.

54 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Can someone explain to me what 'burning all their timeout's means?  thanks.

You get 3 timeouts per team per half. If a team is winning towards the end of the game, the other team will have to use their timeouts to stop the clock from ticking down and to get back into the game. It’s usually desperate times when it gets to that point. 

Or it’s where the team is totally inept and uses them all before the game is anywhere near from being decided!

• Thanks 1

I know the Steelers aren't having a great season so far and are clearly missing Watt up front, but this Eagles O looks very good. AJ Brown going off on their secondary in particular is very enjoyable for me. I'm not sure anyone is better than him right now.

49ers exploding in this 2nd half!!!

Went in at H-T 14-10 down & staring down the barrel of 3-5 & lots of misplaced optimism for the season, but now 3 TDs to put them 31-14 up.

Christian MacCaffrey (who now has a week learning the offence) with a TD throw, run and catch, so is looking to be that piece of the puzzle that was missing! (Until he gets injured of course...)

Still so tight across so many divisions though - never seen a season like this.

Some really close games yesterday. 6 games finishing within 3 points of each other. 

At one point, 4 games were 17-17 and all finished with field goals. 

Switched off the Rams/Buccs game thinking Rams would see it out. Brady to the rescue once again though! 

Brady is a weird one because he doesn't look bad like Peyton did in his last year but he is having to get the ball out so fast and there have been so many drops. Was cool to see the old magic at the end but the Rams should have won that game. They somehow need to find someone who can run the ball.

Bad weekend for the AFC leading contenders too - Jets getting a bizarre win and Chiefs inability to run the ball could come back to haunt them in January. Hard to make superbowl predictions, there could be another weird matchup this year.