Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Colts had the possession right at the end there.

I must be going mad then :D (or tired).

Swore the Vikings punted and their own player caught it on the Colts 3 yard line then the Vikings had possession again :D

Being a massive Oilers fan back in the day, I was absolutely crushed by that 32 point come back in the playoffs... Still feel gutted about it now so many years on, considering how good that team was. But this at least get the biggest comeback monkey off their back & will stop it being bought up so often!

3 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Everyone at work is a vikings fan (used to be owned by 3M)

Its quite enjoyable 

Doubly gutting that is then, with it keeping the Vikings ahead of the Niners for the 2nd seed in what's now becoming a straight shoot out between them. :(

Mind you, they have 11 wins on the season and 10 of those are within a score: they are not a good team, so I think we'll still have the last laugh...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I must be going mad then :D (or tired).

Swore the Vikings punted and their own player caught it on the Colts 3 yard line then the Vikings had possession again :D

You can only retain possession on your own punt if the receiving team touches the ball first, which did not happen in this case. The Vikings player that caught the ball is effectively only 'downing' it, and the other team takes over possession at the point at which it was downed.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

You can only retain possession on your own punt if the receiving team touches the ball first, which did not happen in this case. The Vikings player that caught the ball is effectively only 'downing' it, and the other team takes over possession at the point at which it was downed.

I know that but I got distracted and then saw them lining up on the 3 yard line and for some reason thought the Vikings had possession again.

I'll put it down to having a 'senior' moment :D

10 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Denver’s D did it when they were something like 22-0 down at home the other day.

To be fair Denver's D and offense are like completely different teams this year so I don't blame them for trying to find something to celebrate. They have been excellent and with how often they hold teams under twenty points the team should be in the wild card spots if the other side of the team were even close to average.

11 hours ago, mancunianfox said:

To be fair Denver's D and offense are like completely different teams this year so I don't blame them for trying to find something to celebrate. They have been excellent and with how often they hold teams under twenty points the team should be in the wild card spots if the other side of the team were even close to average.

All true. Still a team game though!

On 22/11/2022 at 10:00, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

I like the Steelers, there just seems something gritty and real about them. Am I imagining that? (And I did once see an old clip of Franco Harris winning the Superbowl in the seventies which was awesome.)

Very sad news. Franco passed away today at the age of 72.

Well, it's another chance to relive his most famous play, The Immaculate Reception. Arguably the most famous play in NFL history. 1972 AFC Divisional Playoff vs Madden's Raiders. Trailing 7-6. 4th down. Just enough time for one more play...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Very sad news. Franco passed away today at the age of 72.

Well, it's another chance to relive his most famous play, The Immaculate Reception. Arguably the most famous play in NFL history. 1972 AFC Divisional Playoff vs Madden's Raiders. Trailing 7-6. 4th down. Just enough time for one more play...

Yeah just before the celebrations of that moment, really sad.  I kept hearing the phrase had to google it which lead to the miami miracle and lots of other insane plays through the years.

One thing is for sure Franco Harris will never be forgotten.

• Like 1