Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

44 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That Mahomes TD was pretty 

The dive..? Can't believe he made that.

Really topsy turvy watch Bengals @ Pats. Bengals were unstoppable first half, they absolutely blew the pats away. 

Pats somehow managed to get back to within 4 points, a minute left and 6 yards from goal and then blow it with a fumble!

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Can't see Vikings coming back from this one... 

When I watch the Packers, its like watching Leicester, I'm always thinking, whats the worst that could happen, despite the current score? And the Vikings obviously have very recent major comeback form!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CheeseHead said:

When I watch the Packers, its like watching Leicester, I'm always thinking, whats the worst that could happen, despite the current score? And the Vikings obviously have very recent major comeback form!

Came through the game with consummate ease! Where did that defence come from lol ?! 

Shutting out Jefferson like that, and all those interceptions.

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Came through the game with consummate ease! Where did that defence come from lol ?! 

Shutting out Jefferson like that, and all those interceptions.

Shutting down Jefferson was the key, he destroyed us in the first game! In some ways I think the Lions game next week is the trickier one, they can be pretty explosive on offence. But having been 4-8, unbelievable that the Packers can now guarantee a play off spot with a win 🙂

15 hours ago, CheeseHead said:

Shutting down Jefferson was the key, he destroyed us in the first game! In some ways I think the Lions game next week is the trickier one, they can be pretty explosive on offence. But having been 4-8, unbelievable that the Packers can now guarantee a play off spot with a win 🙂

Its been that sort of season - since the first couple of weeks, there is little to separate so many teams who are average. Eagles, Niners, Cowboys, Bills, Chiefs and Bengals seem a cut above. In the NFC, I'm not convinced by the Giants or the Vikings who seem to have found wins from somewhere - haven't seen enough AFC games to decide on Ravens or Chargers, but only those 10 teams have winning records, so not much to shout about from the other 22 (and no-one in either South division). 

Its meant a good run from anyone is possible and that can put teams like the Lions, Seahawks and Jags on the Playoff bubble, which has certainly made the Playoff races interesting! 

Although I think the Packers are better than those other teams, so I'm not surprised to see their 4 game streak and certainly not a team I'd like the Niners to be facing in the Playoffs! 

1 hour ago, Golden Fox said:

Its been that sort of season - since the first couple of weeks, there is little to separate so many teams who are average. Eagles, Niners, Cowboys, Bills, Chiefs and Bengals seem a cut above. In the NFC, I'm not convinced by the Giants or the Vikings who seem to have found wins from somewhere - haven't seen enough AFC games to decide on Ravens or Chargers, but only those 10 teams have winning records, so not much to shout about from the other 22 (and no-one in either South division). 

Its meant a good run from anyone is possible and that can put teams like the Lions, Seahawks and Jags on the Playoff bubble, which has certainly made the Playoff races interesting! 

Although I think the Packers are better than those other teams, so I'm not surprised to see their 4 game streak and certainly not a team I'd like the Niners to be facing in the Playoffs! 

I wouldn't worry too much, 49ers are on a tear, and Aaron Rodgers has a terrible play-off record against them, 0-4!

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Shocked to hear that NFL apparently wanted the game to continue as well despite knowing how bad it could be?! 

I am shocked by this too. The PR from resuming the game and things getting worse while they were on air would surely have been unthinkable so no idea why they wanted to continue. Glad that the coaches and players of both teams stepped in and told them to do one but it is a position they shouldn't have been put in. Apparently, Goodell is terrified of a player dieing on the field but perhaps not so much about from an injury as long it is away from the stadium which is bizarre.

I hope for postiive news about Damar Hamlin :fc:

• Like 1