Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Tablet thread.

I thought I'd start a dedicated thread for those with Android tabs/iPads/etc.

I got a Samsung tab as a gift for Christmas and i decided I should probably start using it. So what do people use tablets for? What apps? And if youre on android what widgets and what not do you use

• 1 month later...

Come on then people, I'm after a tablet. Not sure what at the minute, I've done a bit of research and I'm looking at iPad's but 1) They seem overpriced (as with everything Apple) 2) Not sure how good the battery life will be.

So what does eveyone have/prefer? I'm not looking for to use it for work, just a bit of browsing on the net, using a few apps, watching movies on the train etc.

Any help appreciated!

Had mine for 3 years... still dont really know why i got it lol

I use it a bit when travelling (movies and games on the plane) or instead of a laptop if weight is an issue....or if the better half is using my laptop and i urgently need to check FT.

Other than that, I use it for books, got so many on there ill never get through them all.

• 3 weeks later...

what do I need to be able to use the Internet on my tablet when I'm out and about? Can you get pay as you go type mobile data Sim cards?

A device that has mobile data connectivity. If you only have wifi enabled then you'll need a new device. Ie. With iPad to have 3G it costs an extra £100 at purchase, then you need a SIM card with a monthly fee

• 2 months later...

My advice would be is whether you can get along with Android or iOS. Me personally I'm quite savvy with computers but there is something about iOS which I prefer, would never put anyone off an Android but I would base the purchase of a tablet on the operating software.

I've had silly things like pairing MyFitnessPal with my Jawbone (fitness crap), they are meant to talk to each other.. on Android I couldn't get them to work at all together but with iOS I didn't need to do anything major to get it set up. Just always found iOS more robust and user friendly, whereby Android is better for customisation and if you know what your doing tweaking.

I've got some sort of sony. It's thin, lightweight and waterproof, but honestly I don't use it for much more than an alarm clock. Sometimes if I'm on long road trips I'll load it up with podcasts and play that through my stereo.

Archived